100-4 measurement needed please...

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 100-4 measurement needed please...
From: Fiat500f@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:07:16 EST
Ok all you folks with 100-4's, get out your tape measures!  I think the guy
who did a bit of welding on my friends 100-4 blew it, but I need a measurement
to confirm this.
OK, orientation first:
If you are sitting in the drivers seat (USA spec. LHD) and you look down at
your feet, you will have the inner sill panel next to your left foot and what
I'll call the "kick panel" next to your right foot.  I need the measurement
from the inner sill to the kick panel.  More clearly, the measurement from the
inner sill to the rear most point of the kick panel (where that vertical ,
removeable panel at the front of the gearbox cover screws on).
The vertical panel on my friends 100-4 is the correct width, but it falls
between the driverside kick panel and the passenger side kick panel.  We think
the welder welded the kick panels too far out, like, in the description above,
too close to your right foot.  Am I being clear enough?  Ask questions if I'm
not!
Thanks (again)
Paul Barnes