Re: Installing front kick pannels

To: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Installing front kick pannels
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:08:44 -0500
David,
It's my observation that this brush painting was done almost from the
beginning of production. With out making a great long list of the areas, this
painting was done in pretty much every place where the edge of a trim panel
stopped and the gap between the edge of the next panel, door seal, alloy
threshold plate, piece of armacord, etc. might reveal a contrasting i.e. body
colour that would show up vividly against the interior trim colour.
For example, an ivory white car, which of course would have been painted ivory
everywhere throughout the structure of the car might have a red interior. Red
paint was brushed into these edges, corners, etc. so the ivory wouldn't scream
out in an otherwise red interior.
Rich Chrysler