Painting windshield supports

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Painting windshield supports
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:48:07 -0800
It seems that most cars (BN7) have their windshield support columns painted
but every now and them I see one with bare aluminum.  There is a black and
white photo on page 19 of the Anderson/Monent book showing cars on the
assembly line.  This photo is reproduced in several others places, including
the Moss catalog.  It seems (to my eye) to show the front car with windshield
posts bare aluminum.  Is there a definite answer.  If I want it to look like
it did when it left the factory must I paint them?  Any comments are always
appreciated.
Ron