Re: Six Cylinder Engine Questions.

To: GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Six Cylinder Engine Questions.
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:12:09 -0800
Graham:

Don't really know about the plug - maybe it was used in another
application - Austin used the block in quite a few vehicles.  Just make sure
it's tight and sealed on a Healey!

As for priming the oil filter element when doing routine servicing, I
suppose one could partially fill the cannister before re-installing it to
the block, but it will be messy!  Wonder what other listers do about this?

I crank the engine with the starter in short bursts with the coil wire
disconnected (so it won't fire) until the oil gauge needle just flickers,
indicating that the filter cannister is full.  Usually takes 30 - 45 seconds
of cranking.  Connect the coil wire and fire it up - it will have immediate
oil pressure.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb