Movie in UK car request 14/03/05 off another car list

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Movie in UK car request 14/03/05 off another car list
From: Austin Healey <ah2003conclave@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:20:40 -0800 (PST)
I copied this off another list. Can we have a Austin Healey in the Movie?

Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 9:22 AM

To: Herald List; SpitList; triumph_spitfire; TriumphSouth; TSSCTalk;

Bond

List; Spitfire Enthusiasts

Subject: [triumph_herald] Do you want to be in the movies???

 Ok, so we're not exactly talking Hollywood here but it is legit.

 I was contacted this morning by a student from the Art Institute in

Bournemouth. He's looking for a 60s70s car to use in the film he's

making next week for his graduation project. The Mk3 Spitfire he had lined up

for the role has apparently got engine problems so he's now trying to find

a replacement.

 I was getting all excited thinking Baby Blue might be a movie star then

realised we're away next week on the canals (hope the weather warms up

a bit!) so can't get involved in this project.

The film-maker, Stefan Oesterreich, is ideally looking for a

convertible so a Spitfire, convertible Herald or Vitesse or a TR could all fit
the

bill, though he may also be happy to consider a saloon. His film is to be set

in the 70s so he's looking for a car in decent condition, as would have

been seen on the roads back when. I gather it's to be a 'road type' movie so

the car should feature quite prominently. It should be mostly static shots

with a little bit of driving involved.

Filming is scheduled for next week, Mon 14th, Tues 15th & Wed 16th

March, (mainly mornings) just outside Salisbury, Wiltshire (UK).

 If you have a suitable car and can spare the time to help out a budding

Spielberg please contact Stefan on StefanOesterreich@hotmail.com or by

phone on 07800 898006 for further details.

 For those concerned that this may not be legit I also have the contact

details of Stefan's lecturer which I can pass on and have spoken to him

to satisfy myself that I wasn't sending anyone on a wild-goose chase

(small world - it turns out the lecturer lives in the same village as my

brother-in-law and has worked with him!) I can pass on his contact

details too if anyone wants to contact him.

 As this is an Art School project I very much doubt there will be any

financial reward in this but Stefan did say there would be a copy of

the finished film for the person whose car he uses and they may well be

able to cover your expenses but you would have to contact Stefan to discuss

that.

Hey, if nothing else it should give someone 'bragging' rights at the

shows this summer! And I just thought it would be great for a Triumph to get

in on the act if at all possible.

Suzie

Pete Groh (Key Guy)
Ellicott City, Md USA