Re: Alignment

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Alignment
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:26:52 +1100
Hi Keith & Greg,

Wear on the outside edge of the front tyres is usually indicative of:

1. - too much toe in
2. - too much positive camber
3. - driving the car hard (past the limit of adhesion) - where the outside
edge of the front tyres is doing most of the hard work.

For example, even with over 2.5 degrees of negative camber, and 1mm toe
out - I still wear the outside edge of my tyres more than the inside edges
on the track.

If you have the first 2 'fixed' - then you are usually smiling too much at
the end of 3 to be too bothered about it.

:)

Today, I took the original owner of my Healey, Richard Steil on our clubs
social drive/ meeting in my BJ8. Richard had bought my BJ8 new in 1966 in
London, and in April 1967 he & his new bride drove it from their wedding
reception in Portsmouth England - and 3 months later they arrived in
Calcutta India, and then put it on a boat to Sydney.

Richard taked about his adventure in the Healey, and brought some of the
maps, photos and even the letters his wife had written to her mother during
the trip.

We did about 150 miles in the Healey today - it was a blast. I'll put some
of the pics up on the website soon.

Best regards

Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com