Re: More Toyota gearbox info

To: "HoYo" <hoyo@bellsouth.net>, <Awgertoo@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More Toyota gearbox info
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:12:17 -0500
Allowed modifications vary from club to club.  Most Vintage Race
organizations do not allow modern gearboxes in the vintage cars, although an
upgrade from a 3 speed BN1 to a BN2 four speed or even a center shift from a
BJ8  would be generally be accepted.  WRT brakes, some vintage clubs allow
disc brakes on Healey Hundreds, but some (VSCCA for instance) do not.
Before preparing or purchasing a car for vintage racing, you should check
the rules of the sanctioning bodies you plan to participate with.  Most of
them have websites which have detailed car prep rules posted.

Jim
BN1 Vintage Racer