Choke Cables

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Choke Cables
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:30:19 EST
In a message dated 3/28/05 6:54:19 PM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> found an old style cable that just used friction
> to lock it in place and soldered the end so it would fit through the small
> hole in the clamp.

If it is, in fact a choke cable with the knob and all intact, you might try
taking it apart to see if all the pieces are there. There is a tiny half-moon
shaped piece of metal, probably less than 1/4 inch wide, that fits inside the
knob assembly and engages the teeth on the knob shaft. if the piece is missing
-- and it was once my nomination as the tiniest part in the Healey -- then
there is nothing to engage the teeth and the knob would be free to move back
and
forth.

Cheers
Gary