Re: Unusual Lucas Rotor

To: "Reid Trummel" <editor_reid@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Unusual Lucas Rotor
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:05:22 +1000
Hi Reid,

I've never seen a Lucas 6 cylinder rev limiting rotor. I've only ever seen
the 4 cylinder ones - which were fitted to some twin cam Ford/ Lotus
engines.

They cut all power (abruptly) at the preset RPM.- which can lead to some
quite interesting 'situations'..... you know, flat out in 3rd gear,
hammering through a corner.... and the ignition dies....

You'll see a picture in here of a 4 cyl one - EP69

http://www.collectorsautosupply.com/LUCAS.PDF

Its definately a collectors piece (i.e. put it in a glass cabinet somewhere
safe, away from your engine.....)

:)

Chris