Gas over flow

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas over flow
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:26:17 -0500
I just took my Healey out for the first time.  It ran very nicely at first
but then suddenly felt like it was going to die. Also smelled gasoline.
Upon limping home I found that the front carb was dumping gas from the over
flow pipe.  I proceeded to open both float chambers and clean and examine
all the parts.  I could not find any problem.  I was able to get a good seal
of the needle valves prior to reinstalling everything.  Upon completion I
took the car for a fairly long ride and it drove beautifully, until I
started to smell gas again.(Performance was not effected)   I checked the
carbs and found the rear carb overflowing this time. After blowing out both
needle valves I reassembled everything and it seem OK again.  I think my
problem may be coming from dirt in the gas since the filter has not been
changed in quite a long time and the gas has been in the tank since before
the winter.  Any body have any comments.

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!