Re: Rust prevention/coating product

To: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>
Subject: Re: Rust prevention/coating product
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:46:53 -0500
Before this product existed, I used to see the owner of this company
selling POR 15 at Carlisle and Hershey, PA flea market events.  Of
course then, his line was that nothing was better than POR 15.  He then
"developed" his own product which is naturally better than the
competition.  I bought some of his once.  Can't say I had any problems
with it, except that it dried up in the can, which POR does also.  POR
now has tiny litle cans in a six pack which takes car of that problem.
I don't know if this guy has those or not.
I suspect that both products are very similar.  BTW, POR has a neat
epoxy putty that works great for filling in pitted areas or building up
areas where you want something stronger than body putty.  After it is
dry, it is workable, but a grinder works better than sandpaper.  I know
that it is sometimes less expensive to buy POR from one of their dealers
than from the factory, perhaps that is the case with Mastercoat also.
Check the internet for best prices on either and for their full line of
products.
Charlie
owner of rusty parts for many years