Fuel Gauge problem

To: austin healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Gauge problem
From: Paul Baker <paulbaker51@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 19:08:13 +0100 (BST)
The fuel guage in my BJ8 will now only read just under half full as the minimum
reading.

When switched off the guage reads zero and when I took the sender unit out and
turned on the ignition it read full so assume the guage is ok.  The float does
not appear to be punctured and the arm moves freely.  The arm inside the sender
unit appears to contact the winding mechanism across the full length and the
contact seems clean.

Is now the time to replace the sender unit or is it something else?

Paul Baker

66 BJ8
67 BJ8