Re: 100 BN1 Front Suspension Misalignment

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 100 BN1 Front Suspension Misalignment
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:53:20 -0400
Eckert, Josef wrote:
> the wheel is about 1/2 inch back and fits unsymmetrical in the wheel arch.
> There is no sign of replacement of the wishbone mounts. It looks like the
> misalignment was done at the factory at Jensen's as the right side welding and
> mounts look not at all different to the left hand side.
> Now my question: Is this "normal" tolerance and state of the art?

When you say "1/2 inch back," does that mean that the wheelbase is 1/2
inch short on the right side, or could it be simply a bodywork problem?

To check chassis alignment, you'll want to measure the length of the
diagonals as well as the wheelbase on each side.  From those
measurements, you will be able to know if anything is "out," and by how
much.

Keep us posted,
--
John Miller