High Profile Healey

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: High Profile Healey
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:57:26 +1000
The classic Gerry Coker design sucks another one in !!!!!
David Ward, I was sitting watching the ANZAC Day activities giving out
the message of the futility of war and flicking thro. the only magazine
available when the perfect image of a wood-rimmed alloy steering wheel
jumped out at me and those lovely round gauges filled the dash panel.
After searching the remainder of the page I was to learn that the
attractive woman was a certain Cindy Crawford [ is she an owner and is
she on the list ? Was she having a day out with Harrison Ford ? ] and
the apparent feature of the double page colour spread was a watch
company known as Omega
This was in the Australian current editions of Vogue [ Healeys have
never been out of vogue in my world ] and is probably available in the
rest of the world.

The key element of a successful and smooth running car is ROUND tyres
mounted on ROUND wheels controlled by a ROUND steering wheel and the
progress and condition of the machine is monitored via ROUND gauges. All
the engine bits must go ROUND,we dont doubt that .So where in the bloody
hell did some designer get the idea of SQUARE cars and associated bits.
For example how do rays of light find their way out of SQUARE headlights
without some of them getting lost ? Long sided squares are called
rectangles and these cut on the diagonal make wedges and fins. Best stop
now or I will end up with Caddys, Corvairs and Ralph and whops,no more
Healeys.
PS Look for a picture of the BMW M3 powered Wiesmann Roadster that looks
like a Healey [modernised] and fitted with a C-type Jag. grille. Could
this have been connected with the mock-up shown by BMW in the last few
years ? Looks good to me. Just happens to have ROUND headlights and
curves [ these being made up of a series of part circumferences of
ROUNDS] A beautiful straight six with 343HP and apparently popular with
several BMW top execs.

See Ya
Joe