Full Song!

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Full Song!
From: Mark Norris <m.norris@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 21:40:56 -0700
Am back home tired, stiff and sore and VERY happy from a weekend assisting
gifted Healey "physician" Roy Moore breathe life into HBJ8L 40097 after a 20
year rest and near demise. Gorgeous exhaust note and nice oil pressure and no
leaks so far...it just doesn't get any better than that. For each of you who
have already achieved this, you will understand the lump in my throat and the
rapid heartbeat that accompanied the first "flash" of the motor, for those who
are hard at it, persevere! A huge vote of thanks to Earl Kagna for pointing me
in the right direction after a start so bad that I nearly parted out the car
(bad luck,one of those rare glove box locks would have shown up on eBay!) Many
contributers to this list have helped me,  selflessly and although I hate
those long-winded Oscar speeches I have to publicly acknowledge Earl, Roy,
John Bumpus, Mike Grams, Rich Chrysler, Richard Gordon, Roger Moment, and my
new friend from the Low Countries, Jack, in heping me achieve a dream....good
luck to the rest of you with restorations in progress, and perhaps I will see
some of you at Healey Rendezvous. Look for a middle-aged guy with a grin on
his face....hardly narrows it down, does it?
Mark Norris