Re: Question on Driving lights.

To: tom felts <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Question on Driving lights.
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 07:14:25 +0800
Tom -

The switchover to dual lights on later BJ8s was haphazard and they
built BJ8s based on the bodies as they arrived from Jensen.  That
means if Jensen still had a couple of older style bodies around, it
could have gone over to  the factory quite late for assembly.  It's
quite possible this is original.

The other possibility is this car is carrying the wrong VIN or was in
an accident before and was rebodied by a PO.  I've seen both of these
"revisions" on several healeys, sometimes on the very same car!  My
(least) favorite is my friend's '61 3000 Mk I with the BN7 VIN and BN4
body!  If I didn't know the cars so well, I wouldn't be able to
tell!!!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8