Fw: Tires

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Tires
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 15:55:49 -0700
Bob,
Below is an email I posted several months ago re tires.  I just bought the
Kumho 758, size 165R15 from Tire Rack on line.  Kumo makes a good tire.  A
tire that looks more vintage style are hard to find and very expensive.
Vrooom vrooom,
John

I'm as not convinced as some on the List that price or big name brand is the
best method to measure a tire's performance and safety by.
Take the Kumho 758 in size 165TR15 for example.  Its DOT speed rated at "T",
which is higher than most "big/expensive" branded ones, and its DOT U.T.Q.G.
is 400AB, also as good or better than  the "big/expensive" brands.
You can buy four 165TR15  Kumho 758s including shipping for $133.98.  Four
lower rated 165SR15 Verdestein/Michelin will run $400 to $600.  And Kumho is
one of the big pro racing brand tires.
So, what am I missing?
No financial interest.
Vrooom vrooom,