Re - Not healey but british

To: healeymanjim@JoiMail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re - Not healey but british
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:19:13 +0100 (BST)
Jim,

The Lucas flasher unit is very sensitive to circuit resistance, unlike
most modern electronic units. The proper fix for your problem [I have
had this exact same one] is to go round all the wiring, remaking
connections. The quick fix is to replace the Lucas unit with a modern
electronic three pin alternative [from Autozone, Pep Boys etc.]. This
is not to say that you shouldn't check the wiring anyway. I just got
tired of the slightest high resistance connection causing either the
signal lights to alter their timing, or the dash light not working
properly. When I get around to it, I am going to rebuild the guts of
my modern unit into the Lucas tin.

Mike

'56 BN2