Hack installs Pertronix!

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Hack installs Pertronix!
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 23:54:24 -0500
OK so I installed the Pertronix Ignitor tonight and I just got home thanks
to my questionable well paid friends AAA. "Watch the exhaust! Oh my god your
chains are rubbing the cowl!"

It appears that the rotor button sheered off due to contact with the metal
posts inside the Lucas distributor. The car ran GREAT until it died. The
revs were fantastic! I hit 100 mph+ easily and on the way home after appprox
8 minutes the car died.  The metal piece came off the rotor button and the
plastic notch/post inside the button was broken off.

I hope a new button will remedy the situation. A TR friend said I need to
make sure my cap and button match by brand. Any suggestions/comments there?
How can I buy that properly, fast and  at a reasonable price?  the last
distributor cap I bought was "Ouch!". I am trying to get ready for a show in
Louisville June 4th and work consists of heavy travel until that date.
Repair time is limited. Urgh...

My Ignitor is rubbing the black ring/cap supplied that goes on the
distributor spindle under the rotor button. There does not appear to be any
slotting for adjustment in the plate, just two screw holes. It took me a
while to figure out how the Ignigtor was supposed to go. What about a couple
simple sketchs for the clueless? There is now a groove in the Ignitor due to
rubbing on the black ring that is now on the distributor spindle. I am not
happy with the instructions. They are not written for "The Idiots Guide to
Austin Healeying".

Varoom, sputter sputter, F#@%'n bloody hell!!!!
~Scott
Mashed 60 BN7