field/shed/basement story

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: field/shed/basement story
From: "Daniel" <tw002crew@shoreham.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 21:43:18 -0400
 A few years ago my wife and I moved to New England from the Midwest and
after we settled in, went out for a ride of the neighboring hillsides in the
Bugeye. We spotted a BN-?  in a farmers field just a few feet from the road,
hidden by some brush. I mentioned this to a co-worker who lived in the area
for years. He told me it's been there for years and if you look carefully
across the road from this one in a fallen down shed you'll see another one.
Another trip confirmed this find. Turns out, I hired the son to plow our
long driveway. So I asked him about them and he told me his dad (not much of
a guy who cares about his property) won't sell them as he's had them since
he returned from England from the Air Force in the 50's. His dad "is going
to restore them". Yeah, right! So I figured it was a lost cause.

So a few days ago, we went by the place again. The Healeys are still there
but the shed is a little flatter. I sent a note to the son asking if his dad
is ever going to do anything with the Healeys. I ran into the
daughter-in-law in the grocery store yesterday, and she said she would love
to get rid of the Healeys but wasn't her call. "Oh and by the way.. there's
an old Jag in the basement of a rental house he owns". More questions.. but
all she could tell me it's a convertible @ late 60's. So go figure what that
means! Does XKE strike a bell? Supposedly, he bought it years ago and rolled
it into the basement and threw a cover over it. After I picked my jaw up off
the floor, I asked if I might take a look or if I could get VINs. (she'll
check). As I was walking out the store she shouted."oh and there's and old
Indian motorcycle down there too!"

I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!?!#$^%#.

Dan Werner