Re: field/shed/basement story-slight digression

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: field/shed/basement story-slight digression
From: HealeyBN7@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 18:42:45 EDT
Speaking of Deusenberg's:  I was in Indiana on business the last  couple of
days and another guy and I 'managed' to find time to visit the
Auburn-Cord-Deusenberg Museum in Auburn, Indiana.  If any of you are ever  in
the area I
highly recommend a visit.  Quite an amazing piece of  automotive history.  The
Cord's and especially the Deusenberg's are  simply beautiful to see in person.

Dave
61 BN7

***************************************

Jay Leno spelled out this whole morbid strategy in an article he  wrote
for Popular Mechamics about 5 months ago... I really enjoyed  reading
it.  He had this story, which is true, about a Duesenberg that  was
parked in a garage in NYC in the 1950s... and then the garage  changed
its lift system and the car won't fit in the new lift so it is  still
sitting on an upper floor piling up dust.  Apparently the owner is  in
his 80s and refuses to sell it, so Jay was saying how he's just  biding
his time.....

;)

Cheers,

Alan