Castrol Sticker & DHM Co.

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Castrol Sticker & DHM Co.
From: Joe Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:13:04 +1000
Mike
This sticker looks very much like the one on my BJ8 hardtop back window.
Mine
was in recognition of the 3000 and Sprite winning their classes at
Sebring in
1965.
Does yours list 'Class win' for two classes??
I believe my sticker is an original from 1965.

Castrol was an official sponsor of the Donald Healey Motor Co cars as
shown in
the footage of the 1965 Targa Florio and the Sebring events.I have still
and
movie shots of Sebring promoting Castrol products and Castrol islisted
as
official sponsor in the period FIA documents.I think Esso was the fuel
and
Dunlop tyre sponsor in the Manufactures Championship [ ie world sports
car
championship ] Note this is NOT the BMC / MG Competition Dept. rally car

program.
These stickers were reproduced in Australia in the early 80's

Tell me more detail please.
Joe
Blue one
Red one