Compare a Healey it's contemporary

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Compare a Healey it's contemporary
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:48:39 -0400
We all love our Healey's or we would not own them. But do we really
appreciate them?  We drive cars today that all out perform and out handle
our Healeys.  I don't care what we are driving, from the lowest Korean
import to the exotics, or the luxury models, they probably all blow the
doors off our beloved beasts.  I realized the other day when I was driving
my recently restored 1950 Dodge Coronet 4 door sedan what driving a Healey,
in it's day, must have felt like.  The cars of the 1950's and 60's mostly
could not compare to a Healey in performance or handling.  The ride of the
Dodge is more comfortable but certainly much more boring.  For any of you
who can get the opportunity to drive a family sedan of the 50's or 60's it
would most certainly give you better understanding of how truly wonderful
our beautiful Austin Healey's really are.
Len B