RE: Condenser problem

To: "Achim Spethmann" <hspethmann@t-online.de>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Condenser problem
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:59:21 +0200
Achim, I don't know the cause for the failing condenser, but I can give you one
good advice since I've changed to the Mallory dual point distributor as well.
Take about 80 Euros and buy a Pertronix Ignitor (pointless ignition) for the
Mallory. With the Pertronix the condenser becomes redundant and your car will
even idle a bit smoother. No hassle with adjusting the points anymore, and in
combination with a 40,000 Volts Flamethrower you can open the gap of the spark
plugs from .65mm to at least .7mm or even .75mm, which will let the gas burn
more efficently.

The ignitor is really easy to install (did it by myself in about an hour) and
hides completely within the distributor.

I checked prices half a year ago and bought the ignitor in Germany (though they
were a bit cheaper in the US due to EUR/USD exchange rates), but shipping made
them more expensive.

If you need the adress of the German supplier or you want some other questions
be answered, contact me directly.

Eric            BT7
Heinsberg/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----