Re: Rear View Mirrors for '65 BJ8

To: dnewton@nappco.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear View Mirrors for '65 BJ8
From: MBran89793@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:26:15 EDT
Well over six years ago I had Paul Tsikuris of TSIKURIS Classics mount  an
MGB interior mirror (165-115) to the upper windshield frame. Upon  my
suggestion
he used the bracket for the center rod (472-415) used on the  MGB windshield
which was affixed using Wurth black weatherstrip  adhesive. The bracket has
the screw holes to which the mirror is mounted  using two screws (323-080). The
screws merely screw into the bracket.  (The numbers are all from Moss Mtrs.
MGB catalog.)
If you decide to use this installation be sure that you mark the center of
the upper windshield frame. Then with the hood (top) up position the  bracket
so it will not interfere with the hood front bar when attached. Clean  the area
where the bracket will be affixed and the bracket surface too. After  these
have dried sufficiently then coat each with the Wurth black weatherstrip
adhesive. Let the adhesive become tacky before firmly pressing the bracket onto

the windshield frame. You should let this set up for about 24 hours before
attaching the mirror.
So far mine has been attached for at least six years without having to
reattach it. It surely makes a difference in being able to see over the boot
when
the hood is down.

Marion S. Brantley, Jr.
727/867-7129