Re: Condensors

To: "Doug Newton" <dnewton@nappco.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Condensors
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 07:43:17 -0500
Doug, that is a good tip.  I had been driving old British cars for years and
never had a condensor problem.  Then a few years ago I got a Sprite and
couldn't get it to run right, tried everything, turned out to be the
condensor.  I always replaced these and the points on a periodic basis as
part of a tune-up.  But since I had nver had a problem with one in years of
driving it was not on my suspect list.

In my case the bad condesor as causing a weak spark.  Strong enough to start
the car and idle more or less ok, but not enough to sustain acceleration.
As I recall there are some condesnor tests in the Lucas fault finding
manual.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1