Transmission Mount

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission Mount
From: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 18:59:41 -0700
Listers

I am replacing the gearbox mountings, Moss P/N 011-146, on my BN1.  The old
overdrive-to-mounting-bolts are 1/2" BSF  (length is 1-3/4").  Moss states
that UNF bolts, Moss P/N 031-368, are required for the new mounts.

 Both the old and new mounts have a fine thread for the bolts to screw into,
but they are not the same since one is BSF and the other is supposedly UNF.
(I assume that UNF is the same as SAE.)

However, BSF 1/2", SAE 1/2" , SAE 7/16" and 12 mm 1-1/4" pitch all don't work
in the new mounts.  The 12 mm metric comes close since it does screw in, but
the fit is sloppy.

Can anyone tell me what bolts are needed for the new mounts and where to get
then?

Thanks,
Ben
BN1