Re: Had 4 Healeys

To: Edward Anderson <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Subject: Re: Had 4 Healeys
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:56:36 +0800
Ed -

The advantage is you can put in a massive boom-box with a huge powered
sub-woofer so that you can irritate the hell out of your neigbors for
ever and ever with your illegal-download MP3s of gangsta-rappers
50-cent and Puff Daddy.

Not much advantage other than more reliable charging of the battery
and better power to the lights (and radio!).  But to be honest the new
gel-batteries (like Optima, Orbital, etc.,) are much less sensitive to
the variable charging you get out of a generator... so I would almost
recomment that switching to a gel battery should be your first step,
then think about the alternator later after you've run with that for a
while.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8