painting of suspention parts

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: painting of suspention parts
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:18:41 -0400
Dave,
I like to use PPG DP90 (black) epoxy primer and any black topcoat will do
( PPG 9300 DCC ) this is a urethane which holds up very well to oils and gas
grease ect. I like to add a little flatteneing agent to die down the
urethanes gloss a little to replicate the old enamel look. Ive found that a
thinned out coat of DP90 and 2 coats of top color work fine,dont go too
thick or you can lose details of numbers and stampings. Factory didnt worry
about runs or drips either so add a few of those and your looking original !
hope this helps,
Carroll Phillips  Top Down Restorations