Re: Chrome Wire Wheels

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrome Wire Wheels
From: sbyers <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 06:49:03 -0700 (PDT)
Gary -
Any indication if the "Permatrue" process Dayton uses is a new development?
When did they start using it?  Your statement implies that all wheels with
"Permatrue" are sealed.  Is that correct?

My Dayton chrome wheels with stainless spokes are 1990 vintage, and I would
be interested in knowing whether Dayton would consider them permanently
trued.  I do remember being told by Bruce at British Wire Wheel when I
bought them that they never needed to be trued, but I'm not sure I believe
that completely.  They certainly ran better after Allen Hendrix balanced and
trued them.

Thanks,
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC

>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:09:46 -0400 (EDT) Editorgary@aol.com wrote.
>While working on an article for Sports Car Market Magazine on wire wheels
for
>British cars, I had occasion to talk to Alan Hendrix (Hendrix Wire Wheel),
>Kelvin Dodds (Moss), Jim Judd (BWW), and Derek Caldwell of Dayton Wire
Wheel.