Re: Complaint about spokes breaking - replacing

To: tom felts <tomfelts@earthlink.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Complaint about spokes breaking - replacing
From: Robert Larson <robertlarson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:53:01 -0400
Hi Tom and all,

                     I have also done the same on motorcycles with
success.  I have heard MC people refer to this as "tuning" a wheel.   A
"rough" check can be then done with a magnetic mounted  dial
indicator.   If it is way out after a  whack into a pothole or curb
smash  and requires  "retrueing" or  a major "respokeing"  I'd surely
leave it to the Pro's.   Trueing and respokeing a wheel comes under the
heading of a black art.  I do not know about the later cars but the 100
service manual gave a spec for lateral and radial runnout.

Bob
55BN1