Re: POSSIBLE VIRUS

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: POSSIBLE VIRUS
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:31:31 -0400
Not to put too fine a point on it Ray, But generally it isn't a good idea when
you think you might have a virus, ...to e-mail a lot of people, to discuss
it.....
Unless I am missing something in this particular case, you run the risk of
further spreading it.  --And incurring the wrath of the recipients.
Since that is already done, no, I didn't get that e-mail from the list, ..not
having any problems so far.  My server service sent no notices of viral
containing e-mail, and my firewall, antivirus, and spam/adware programs have
not detected anything.
If you have any doubt about an e-mail, just delete it of course.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS MESSAGE OFF LIST.
That may seem a bit overcautious, but having had a virus trash my previous
system, I feel you can't be too careful.
Good luck with your situation, -it sounds like your Norton may have caught it.
-If in fact it was a "virus".
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA