heater control valve 3000 MK1

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: heater control valve 3000 MK1
From: "Tim Newton" <timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:29:36 +1000
Hi to ALL
I would appreciate some guidance regarding the method of opening/closing the
heater control valve on the engine block. On my car, this valve has a small
rounded nut which appears to be what would be turned to either open or close
the valve. On my previous 100/6, this was a small lever for engaging the
valve.
Was the design of the valve changed between the models, and if the one on my
3000 is correct (???)  then do you use a special tool to engage the valve or a
spanner?

Regards
Tim Newton
3000 MK1