Non-Healey: Ford Mustang

To: Healey webforum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non-Healey: Ford Mustang
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:04:23 +0200
Friends,
Can one of you confirm the following. My daughter used to work in the
USA and bought her first car there, a 1997 Ford Mustang with a 3.8 litre
V6 engine and automatic gearbox. She was headhunted to Europe and took
her car with her.  It's now up to daddy to maintain her car. After
65,000 miles Ford suggests to change the automatic transmission oil, and
that's where my problem starts. According to the Owner Guide the
transmission requires 13.9 quarts or 13.1 litres of transmission fluid.
That seems an excessive lot to me - when that's true I shall have to
make a special container to catch the old oil as I have never in my life
replaced such an ocean of fluid. Or is it a printing error in the
manual? Please advise, and my apologiesfor even mentioning a Ford
Mustang on an Austin-Healey site. Please forgive me.
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432