Girling 2a servo diaphragm pushrod query

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Girling 2a servo diaphragm pushrod query
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:48:52 +0100
This is a follow on from my previous "BT7 servo" query...

I was thinking about what to do with my slightly iffy servo when I banged
"Girling servo" or something similar into a search engine.

I came up with a site selling exchange units, repair kits and, intriguingly,
"Diaphragm pushrods". This is a stainless and flanged rubber replacement for
the giant leather and rubber ring brute that seems to be the curse of our
servos.

Does anyone know anything about these? Tried them? Even heard of them?

Assuming they are what they purport to be, they'd be an answer to a maiden's
prayer so far as I'm concerned. I'm fed up with the annual battle.the
graphite grease etcetc.

Simon.