Barely Healey Related - Austin Property Taxes (on Automobiles?)

To: "Healey Forum" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Barely Healey Related - Austin Property Taxes (on Automobiles?)
From: "Matt Wilson" <mwilson18@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:09:23 -0700
Hello Texans!
I am moving to Austin Texas and have a 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7 and a 1965
Ford Mustang GT Convertible and I have a tax question.  So I have a vehicle
tax question.  Do people pay in Austin pay annual State or City taxes based on
the value of their vehicles?

I realize Texas doesn't have a State Income Tax, which is nice, but the
property tax more than make up for the lack of the Income Tax (when looking at
home property taxes).

Someone scared me a bit today when they led me to that Texas might do so...
however he wasn't sure.  He just caused me to want to verify this.

Thanks,
Matt Wilson-
-Presently of San Diego, CA
-Formerly of Corpus Christi TX... When I was a kid :)

P.S.  Is there a local Healey Club there in Austin?