Re: Front end "Clunking" upon braking on BJ8

To: MBran89793@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front end "Clunking" upon braking on BJ8
From: Rebeltown@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:42:07 EDT
So far I've gotten 3 replies telling me to check the hub and wheel splines
which I will do carefully.  Wheels only have 6k miles on them but hubs are
original.  I will jack up car apply brakes and check for any play there  also
besides a visual.  This does not explain why it only happens after the  car has
been driven aways  and everything is warmed up.  I would think  worn splines
would cause clunking all the time??? NO?

Gary Shunk  '67 BJ8 #38427 N.J.