Re: BT7 MkII Rev Counter

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BT7 MkII Rev Counter
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:06:24 -0400
I know that I said in an earlier response that there is not much that can be
done internally with the gauges except to clean them and lightly oil them
(instrument grade oil only), without replacement parts. . ---But the problem
you describe where the end of the cable broke off may be one of the rare
situations where a good cleaning and oiling might correct the (assumed)
binding that may have caused the cable to break.
-As I  said, I had quite a bit of experience working with laboratory
instruments, so I was comfortable working with the fiddly things, and had
jeweler sized tools to do the job, when I serviced all of my gauges during the
restore.
-If you have any similar background you may want to try that first, if money
or time is an issue. However, if clockwork-like mechanicals are daunting, then
by all means use a service like Mo-Ma.
In any case, as I said previously, be extremely careful with the gauge face,
if you do attempt to service the gauge. The dial markings are extremely
delicate.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA