Strip tarpaper off floorboards

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Strip tarpaper off floorboards
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:20:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, The paper is probably bone dry, void of original tar. Either way I'd
try liberally soaking w/ paint thinner giving it time to loosen paper.
Should come right off w/ pytty knife. Should it not work easily bump up
chemical by using mek (methyl ethyl ketone). No smoking! Iron workers I'm
told prefer the latter to clean steel prio to painting as it leaves no
residue like paint thinner.
Question for the list I've been meaning to ask. Did anyone know my old
friend and Healey mentor now passed on, Steve Toth of Rancho Santa Fe? I'm
curious to know what happened to his collection of AHs. He was perhaps of
of the all time collectors maintaining a stable of usually 10. Five or
more completed the rest in stages of restore. He told me last I saw him,
Donald Healey had visited him to see it.
Ed Anderson had 57,60,59&61 tri carb and all big AH