Re: Steering Question

To: "Larry Swift" <mgtd51@adelphia.net>, "Healey"
Subject: Re: Steering Question
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:04:12 -0500
A couple of people have mentioned rebuilding the steering box to eliminate
the play in the steering, I would also add that there can be considerable
slop in the cross rod and tie rod ends if they have been neglected, as
Healey parts go these aren't too awful expensive and replacement of worn
parts here can eliminate considerable steering play.

When I redid the steering on my BN1 I rebuilt the box, and replaced all the
cross rod and tie rod ends, in my case at least based upon inspections of
the parts, more play was coming from the rod ends than the steering box.

Your experience may differ, but if you are going to muck around and try to
get the front end up to snuff you should at least check the rod ends as
well.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1