Laygear needed

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Laygear needed
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:10:45 -0400
I am trying to help the original owner of a 100/6 with a gearbox rebuild.
This car has an interesting history which includes, I understand, the
selling dealer installing a replacement engine and gearbox 2 weeks after
delivery.
The thing that is odd is that the laygear is not one that I recognize. The
part number seems to be part # AEC3207. It has one less tooth on the large
gear than the 1B3728 but the teeth are cut the same way.
I suspect that this may be for a sedan rather than a Healey as the gearbox
input shaft has one more tooth than normal.
Can anyone offer any advice on this or does anyone have an AEC3207 laygear.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com