Re: Generator Bearing

To: <davidwjones@cox.net>, "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Generator Bearing
From: "John O'Brien" <banjojohn@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:57:41 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
 Hi David:

I just did the job on my BJ8 last week.  After drilling out the rivets the
bearing came right out and the new one slipped right in without a press
needed.  I went to the local hardware store and got the appropriate sized
pop rivets, 3/16" diam. X 1/2" length to reassemble. (not original style but
work fine)  I checked the rear bushing while I had it apart and it mic'd out
to the same ID as the replacement one I had ordered, so I left it alone.
Everything seems to be working great now and much quieter.  It's not a
difficult job.  Good luck with yours.

John O'Brien
'61 Bugeye
'65 BJ8

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg which had a name of
BackGrnd.jpg]