[OT] Re: Message Problems

To: Healeys Mail List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [OT] Re: Message Problems
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:20:29 -0400
Len and/or Marge wrote:
> Additional mail responses indicate that the problem was with Earthlink.
> Those who said they were having the same problem are Earthlink customers.
> They have resolved the problem by deleting the address from their Address
> Books and reinserting it as I did.  Thanks Tom and John and also Ed who is
> not on Earthlink.

Just for the record, the address deletion and restoration smacks of
"voodoo user support" to me.  It should have no affect on outbound
messages to the list (so long as the "From:" field in the outgoing
message continued to be the same as the address with which someone was
subscribed.)

The "bounce" messages I received from Earthlink made it clear that their
server was having trouble resolving <healeys@autox.team.net>, but that's
a server problem, not a a client software problem.

Indeed, I made no changes on my system, and eventually, after Earthlink
fixed the problem with their mail server(s), messages started getting
through once again with no intervention on my part.

--
John Miller
http://cll.emory.edu/instructor.cfm?ins=873807244