Smitty clutch slip

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smitty clutch slip
From: Tracy Drummond <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:55:48 -0700
What solutions have folks used to eliminate slight clutch slip associated with
the smaller disk in the Smitty conversion?  This only happens when I really get
on it.  Suppose I would expect it to get worse with heat??

Only happens in taller gears when accellerating with spirit.

This is a new kit so I assume it is the thicker Smitty clutch.

Is there a heavier pressure plate?  Thicker custom lined clutch?  How much
thicker than a stock Toyota?

Shorter throwout bearing?

hummmmmm?? almost there.

Tracy