Back firing

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Back firing
From: "Leonard Berkowitz" <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:13:46 -0400
My 63 BJ7 is actually running very nicely.  The only real problem I seem to
be having is that when the engine gets hot I here what sounds like gun fire
when I lift off the accelarator at high speed. I have been told this may be
a result of air leaking into the exhaust system.  After consulting with the
list regarding high running temperatures I advanced the spark.  This greatly
increased the back firing problem.  I don't know if there is any
correlation.  Any remarks are welcome. Thanks.