Break in new rear end

To: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Break in new rear end
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 15:23:22 -0700
Hi Mike, and list.  I have finally got my BN7 back together after painting.
Before sending it to the painter I had the rear end rebuilt by Pro Gear in
San Diego with Mike's new gear set.  What's the best way to break in the new
gears?  I remember someone posting some advise about putting the rear up on
some stands and letting the engine run in 4th. gear for 20 minutes, then
draining and replacing the oil.  Is my memory correct or should I be doing
something different?  Are there any things I should be looking for such as
heat, noise etc. to indicate a problem?   The car is not really drivable yet
so I can't put it out on the street.  Thanks for any advise.
Ron Fine