Re: Healeys / owners in the Hurricane Area?

To: healey3000bn7@yahoo.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Healeys / owners in the Hurricane Area?
From: Rp826union@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 22:32:46 EDT
Dear Carlos et al,
Although I only know a few of the members of this forum, I figured I would
reply to your email.  First let me say that this list is an incredible resource
and the members are even better.
I am from New Orleans and currently live there with my wife and 3 week old
daughter. My parents (dad is 4th generation New Orleanian) and my brother and
his wife and 3 month old daughter also live there.  We have seeked refuge in
the
Jacksonville, Florida area and will be living here until we are permitted to
return.  Fortunately we are all safe.
As you can see, this is very devistating and life altering.  The aid concert
on TV last night was surreal, being about my hometown.  I remember viewing the
concerts for 9/11 and the Tsunami victims and thinking how great they were to
rally support.  Now this same type of rally is for me and my fellow New
Orleanians.  It has a whole new meaning now.
I appreciate all of the support and love that has been offered.  Luckily, I
believe our houses are Ok, unless the looters reach them first.  Somehow, we
managed to all live in the area of the city with the 2nd highest elevation.
Although the water has risen, we are optimistic that it did not rise enough to
damage our homes.  I unfortunately had to evacuate without my recently restored
100M, but as I said earlier to my friends in the Atlanta club, I have restored
it once, and if need be will do it again.  That is minor in the grand scheme
of things.

Approximately 90% of the city was not as fortunate as my family. I ask that
you please pray for those that are suffering and who have lost everything they
own.  My family has donated to the Red Cross simply because we are proud of
our city and plan on being part of the team that helps rebuild it.  If you have
the ability to donate, please do.  When we do rebuild the city, God willing,
it will be one of the best cities in the country.

Thank you for your help in the Healey world, and for thinking of all the
people in the Gulf Coast region who are suffering.

Sincerely,

Robert Phillips