Re: Wiring Harness Question

To: "Earl Kagna" <kags@shaw.ca>, "Eckert, Josef"
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness Question
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:52:09 -0700
Earl, while I have the highest regard for your Healey knowledge, I question
your response to Josef.  The wire that runs from the generator to the F
terminal on the voltage regulator is covered w/ braided yellow with a green
tracer.  My original unrestored1960 BT7 has this configuration, and the
wiring harnesses that I bought from British Wiring (which they import from
England) for the restoration of my three 3000 MKIIs come w/ this, and only
this wire, insulated w/ braiding.  All other wires have vinyl insulation.
However, it might be possible that MK II 3000s changed to vinyl and British
Wiring did not make the change.  What do you think?

John Snyder