Healey Ownership Ramblings (non-technical, probably irrelevant,

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Healey Ownership Ramblings (non-technical, probably irrelevant,
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:36:14 -0500
I took a ride through the neighborhood in my Healey 100 tonight, we have
finally gotten to that wonderful time of year when the sun is warm during
the day but the air cools down most every night and evenings are great for
going for a ride.

The car continues to give me great pleasure, and after 6 years of ownership
and various tweaks and repairs it seems to have reached a kind of
equilibrium where it gives me little trouble and always seems ready for
service ( I am quite certain I have just jinxed myself by putting that in
writing and sharing it with the world).  Perhaps proving that a "running
restoration" is indeed possible.

Although not the reason I own it, it gets wonderful comments everywhere it
goes, a testimony to the timeless design, which it really is.  The other day
I saw an older gent driving his Ford Model A, a car that was designed
roughly 30 years before the Healey.  Modern cars are now 50 years newer, yet
the Healey looks light years ahead of the Model A, and with its low slung
stance and wide track, doesn't look to far removed from a modern Miata or
BMW Z3.

The appreciation for the cars also transcends age and gender, I actually get
as many or more comments on the car from young people than from the older
set.  I have been using it to pick up my son from school on a regular basis
and the grade schoolers are quite impressed, as are the young tuner car
kids.

I will add that I just got done repainting my car myself, and although far
from perfect, I must thank Mr. Coker for making my car look beautiful
anyway.

Hoping Your Healeying is as Happy as mine.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1