Re: birthday car

To: Awgertoo@aol.com
Subject: Re: birthday car
From: John Harper <AH@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:20:35 +0100
Michael

I have been away on holiday so am very late in responding to this one.

I have a fully searchable (and sortable) database for the 100 Register
on any field. It has been this way for around 10 years.

In the case of build dates I can search as I say but the data is only as
good as that provided by owners. As it happens we have less than half
the entries with this information recorded. However we do have enough to
make a reasonable stab at interpolating and can usually get to within
about 4 days of the correct date when provided with a chassis number.
There are of course exceptions where cars for some reason did not flow
sequentially down the production line so we warn owners of this when
giving out a 'best guess' build dates.

Incidentally UK Register Secretaries are not self appointed. They are
working officers of the National Club. They also have to submit reports
at every AGM and stand for re-election.

All the best

--
John Harper